question about maintenance treatment

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Geneva

question about maintenance treatment

Post by Geneva »

After 6 months of regular treatment with ZZ cream I finally got clear (at the end of May). I had run out of ZZ cream and waited a couple weeks to order more....didnt use any for a few weeks and stayed clear.

I've been using it again every day for the past two weeks and started breaking out again a few days ago (not really badly but still, was a bit depressed about that...it is so great to enjoy clear skin). I am going to use the cream every day until I'm completely clear again.

My question is : should I continue using ZZ cream everyday after I'm completely clear for a certain period of time (thinking one month or so).
When can I start using the cream less often (maintenance dosage) and how many times a week should I use it ? Every other day ??

Also does anyone have advice on how to treat all the red marks left after breakouts ?
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello Geneva

From now on only use only in the evening till you are clear again,
then, only every other day in the evening,
You will see that in time, you will stay clear like this,
the last mites can take a long time but don’t worry about this,
just keep on using every other day and it will become ok,
after a couple of months like this, you will be able to use even less
like two times in a week.

Walter
Geneva

Post by Geneva »

Thanks a lot for your answer Walter....I definitely should not have stopped treating for a whole month!!!! Now I have to deal with another setback...but I am also sure my acne is caused by thoses mites and I KNOW I will get better!!! Very happy about finding these products....even if you have to be really really patient while using them. I had the biggest, most infected pimples ever (before clearing up) while using the zz cream....but in the end, well worth the "suffering". :wink:
Geneva

after one year, treating every day again

Post by Geneva »

After being clear for a couple months...I ran out of ZZ cream again and stopped treating for about 6 weeks (end of September till beginning of November).

The mites definitely came back and I started breaking out again at the end of October (that's when I panicked and ordered more ZZ). Ive been treating again for the past 3 weeks and going through another phase of "waves of breakouts". Mind you, they are not as bad as the first time I used the cream a year ago...but still...I just got one of those really deep and painful bumps...hopefully it will disappear quickly.

Anyway, its now clear to me that I will have to keep using the treatment continuously and for sure not stop for more than a couple days.
Thing is, when I was clear I started to forget what it was to have bad skin with painful bumps.....but seems that the only way to STAY CLEAR is actually to keep using the treatment religiously.

Its a really really long process but nevertheless have to say it is worth it.
Maybe this time I should wait to have been completely clear for a few weeks before going on the maintenance treatment...and of course never completely stop using the ZZ cream.