Which creams to use?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

MaineMom76

Which creams to use?

Post by MaineMom76 »

Hello,

I have been hearing about ZZ Cream for some time now, but I don't have much information about it. I went to the Demodex Solutions website and it had the ZZ cream listed, but also a few others. Which one(s) are you supposed to order?

Background on me: I developed the typical red flushing rash in my 20's. They thought it was lupus, it wasn't. Over the next 10-15 years, it has gotten progressively worse to the point where I now am covered in papules and pustules, my skin has thickened and is flaky and itchy. At times it feels like I'm being stung by something. I can't take antibiotics because they bother my stomach. Topical creams like Finacea haven't worked.

I'm attaching a pic so you can see. This is pretty much my baseline, although in person it is much "angrier" looking and red. Sometimes it's worse, but rarely is it better than this.

HELP!!
Gamgam

Re: Which creams to use?

Post by Gamgam »

I only started out on the ZZ 2 weeks ago, and I believe Walter will answer you at some point, but I think you should order several cans of the ZZ for your face (use it all over your face at least everynight, if not morning and night). Don't over use it though, just a little and spread it to cover your face. The treatment takes several months and it is meant to get worse before it gets better. I am not familiar with the other face treatment cream, but from what I understand (the Fulminating) is not as strong as the ZZ. I am not a doctor, but the redness and bumps looks exactly like what demodex does. Do you have itching, burning, crawling, or any of the other symptoms?
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

Also, from my short experience with dealing with dermatologists, I can tell you that they have little to offer regarding killing demodex. Mostly permethrin and ivermectin. I have them on various places on my body too (although it isn't terribly noticable), so I'm going to start using 10% sulfur soaps.
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

Sorry to post again. I guess I'm bored. I looked up Finacea (Azelaic acid), and I found:

"Azelaic acid is in a class of medications called dicarboxylic acids. It works to treat acne by killing the bacteria that infect pores and by decreasing production of keratin, a natural substance that can lead to the development of acne. The way azelaic acid works to treat rosacea is not known."

I think this is why it didn't work. I tried topical antibiotics, and I honestly never noticed any change. I don't believe killing bacteria has worked for anyone. As soon as I applied permethrin (kills mites), the red bumps disappeared from my nose for a week (then I immediately got the ZZ).
MaineMom76

Post by MaineMom76 »

Thanks!

I'm really tempted to try the ZZ cream, and I haven't heard anything negative about it. I'll admit that I'm apprehensive because it's international and I'm concerned about safety and standards, etc. I know the website says it's safe, etc., but I don't ever just blindly trust a company because they say so, you know?

I do believe that there must be some certain cause, not just "genetics," etc. I had absolutely perfect peaches & cream skin when I was younger, up until my mid 20's. Clearly something happened. I am not going to just give up because my dermatologists say that we tried everything and I should just live with it.

I guess it might be time to bite the bullet and just order the zz cream. So why are there different creams? I hear about the zz cream, but not about the others. Something about metronidazole, etc.? I'm just curious as to why some people use different creams if the zz cream is supposed to do all the work?
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

Again I just started so I really can't claim expertise or anything. My condition is basically, for one year I noticed my face changing a little, and then I would get some small red bump showing up. I had a demodex test done on a bump and it was positive. So I'm hoping to get rid of them, because they have been thickening my skin.

Walter can correct me on this, but as far as I understand it, the Fumanling cream has metronidazole in it (I don't remember the percentage, but something small), and it is not as effective at killing mites than the ZZ. The ZZ has sulfur and things that kill the mite. As far as the international thing and all, I suppose that is all up to and how you feel about it. I'm personally desperate to get rid of the mites, and I could tell from the appointments with dermatologists that they really didn't care or have a very good idea what was going on with my skin. Despite their training, I feel they were mostly guessing at the situation. I was told I had burning sensations because I focus on my skin. I was given something for my skin roughness, but they didn't seem to know why it was rough. The instant reaction I got from permethrin made me decide to go after demodex. The biggest obstacle, that I'm dealing with, is being patient with the ZZ. I have to wait a few months. I can't say I am aware of any better options as far as killing demodex.

There is also a lot of information on the the forum to read through about what other people are doing. The forum isn't to active at the moment, so it's sometimes difficult to get a response.
LABUYER

Post by LABUYER »

They suggest using the ZZ cream at night and the Xin Fumanling Cream during the day.
My demodex mite infestation was so bad that I really only needed the ZZ cream.

The Xin Fumanling Cream is good for maintaining and upkeep after you get the demodex mite infastation under control. Does that help answer your questions?

If I were you I would buy a 3 month suppy= Six Zhongzhou Ointments and apply the ZZ cream morning and evening. It works amazingly good and has cleared up my pustiles and redness. I am now on my second month of using the ZZ cream.

Good Luck!
MaineMom76

Post by MaineMom76 »

THIS IS CRAZY!!!!

So hear me out on this. I'm super amazed right now. I really thought I had seborrheic dermatitis IN ADDITION TO my rosacea. My skin was so flaky and crusty. It felt like I had thickened patches that were rough to the touch and my skin flaked off like dandruff.

So, even though I know it's a big rosacea no-no, I applied an over-the-counter cortisone cream yesterday morning and last night. Just a thin layer.

This morning I woke up.....PUSTULES ARE GONE!!! My skin is so soft and smooth right now, absolutely NO flaking, NO crusties, NO feeling like my skin is thick and puffy. I still have the flushing - but a HUGE improvement.

Check it out!! I hope the difference comes across through the photo. But my skin is baby smooth right now!!
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

Yea I have what looks to be seborrheic dermatitis on my body, and it is definitely due to these mites in my opinion.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

Sorry I did not answer faster, I probably overlooked you post……………..

If I look at your pictures it is almost for sure a demodex mite problem.

Of course it is getting better using cortisone for now, but it the long run you will make it only worse.

You only need to use the ZZ ointment and your problems will go,
If not, I will be happy to pay you back, I have 7 years experience and that is why I am so sure.

Regards

Walter
MaineMom76

Post by MaineMom76 »

Hi Walter!

Thanks for answering!

How many of the ZZ creams should I order at first? And what can I expect? I've read a lot about skin getting a lot worse before it gets better, etc. Can you explain what I should expect when I use the ZZ cream and how long I will have to use it for, etc.?

Also, can I just use a regular face soap or do I need something special?

Thanks again!

-Alle
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

With two jars you will come already a long way, no need to use much.
What you can expect is difficult to say since everybody is reacting so different,
I don’t think you will get much worse but then again, the only way to know is just give it a shot.
Using our soap helps against infections so it is better but not necessary.

Walter
Concerned

Post by Concerned »

MaineMom76 wrote:I am not going to just give up because my dermatologists say that we tried everything and I should just live with it.
I must say that I'm kind of shocked. I have no idea which country you are from, but it seems dermatologists all over the world have very similar attitude towards their patients. How one can tell anybody with such visible skin problems that this is something he/she should get used to??? :shock:. In my opinion it's just ignorance and nothing more. All we can do is try to take care of ourselves and look for some better and effective solutions as it comes to demodex treatment. I hope that the products available on demodex solutions shop's page really work 'cause I don't have more time to spend as a person who needs to avoid other people because of this uncertainty feeling.
Iamtheuniverse

Post by Iamtheuniverse »

Hey 'MaineMom76'

I have a similar case to you, and here is a link explaining what happened: http://www.patient.co.uk/forums/discuss ... ea--336167

Did yours ever clear up?!
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

Welcome to our forum and all the best for the New Year
Are it your pictures at the bottom of the page you gave the link for?

Walter