ZZ - Clearing up a few loose ends...

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

1downunder

ZZ - Clearing up a few loose ends...

Post by 1downunder »

I have read throughly through the website, and the ZZ ointment appears to be just what I am after. However I have a few questions I would like clarified, if anyone would be so kind..

1. A person who has demodex mites (and has infected skin because of the mites) will take the ZZ ointment to kill off the mites. The idea is to take the ointment until all the mites are dead. However, what stops a persons skin and hair from becoming reinfected with mites after they are eradicated, e.g. from a husband or wife who has the mites, or even pets? As they are highly contagious I would assume even a kiss or brush of the skin would cause the mites to be contrated again? It seems it would be a never ending battle to keep the mites away since so many people have them.

2. What is the difference between the Fumanling cream and the ZZ ointment. Is the cream really needed (or is it just a comestic cream) and should I just buy the ZZ ointment if I am not interested in cosmetics?

3. How are the demodex related to flushing (in rosacea sufferers). Why is it our faces flush for long periods of time? Is it because of the mites themselves or is it just because of the inflammation that is caused and that some individuals have blood vessels that dilate too easily?

4. Even if the face has small patches of inflammation and enlargened pores (i.e. small areas where demodex are likely to be) - is it required that the ZZ ointment is applied to the entire face? Preferabely I would not want my whole face to be dried out all the time.

Finally, I have read that in dogs, the mites can get to a stage where they will stop breeding rates and just maintain a certain amount of parasites. In this stage, the mites actually reverse the damage done to the skin and live within the skin without causing infection. Is this possible with humans and demodex mites?

Any advice/answers will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Zach
Marla

Good questions.

Post by Marla »

Hi, Zach:

1) Mites are omnipresent, and you will get them again. How your body responds to their presence is variable. Suggestion: Use an anti-allergen laundry additive regularly. Replace your pillows if they are old and musty. Vacuum your mattress and upholstered furniture regularly. Clean your pets' ears and private parts with ear cleaning products available at the pet stores. Thoroughly wipe your keyboard, peripherals, and computer buttons. Wash your face first thing after sleeping. Watch how many people will pick at the spots on their face while asking to borrow your wireless phone.

2) The XFML is valuable as a general topical first aid treatment. If a pustule suddenly appears; and it is inflamed, then XFML applied to the spot and massaged in will stop it from becoming worse. Within 3 days or so, it will be almost gone. In addition, XFML helps stabilize the skin's surface, imparting a fresh clean surface with reduced discoloration.

3) Flushing of the skin is often treated and is apparently (to me) still not fully understood. It is a complex event. Histamines likely play a major role in some flushing.

4) You must treat your entire face to achieve the goal of eliminating the mites.

5) The breeding rates coincide with the resources available to sustain the population in the absence of other inhibitors. And, given the possibilities of the mite's carrying capacity for other material that our bodies recognize as foreign, we can expect a variety of reactions, from no reaction to violent reactions within our largest organ: the skin. If the skin exhibits an immune response to foreign material, then other organs will be affected as well.

I suffered the effects of Demodex for 40+ years, as did my elder family members. I have an aunt coming to visit soon. She is a seasoned and dedicated nurse in a large U.S. cosmopolitan city, who currently works for a dermatologist. I have ZZ, XFML, and foaming face cleanser as a gift to her. She still suffers from acne, and believes that she is too old to have acne. She will be surprised at the success she will experience in eradicating the Demodex mites, and her acne as well. I can't wait! :D

Given my points of view, I hope you are inspired to learn more about these important issues through the vast amount of research that is ongoing.

Cheers!
--Marla
Glaxony

Re: Good questions.

Post by Glaxony »

Marla wrote:Hi, Zach:

5) The breeding rates coincide with the resources available to sustain the population in the absence of other inhibitors. And, given the possibilities of the mite's carrying capacity for other material that our bodies recognize as foreign, we can expect a variety of reactions, from no reaction to violent reactions within our largest organ: the skin. If the skin exhibits an immune response to foreign material, then other organs will be affected as well.

--Marla
I would like to know more about this. Can you expound or recommend some links where there is information?
GM
Marla

I'll see what I can do.

Post by Marla »

I will oblige and expound as requested.

Let me see what I can gather that would be of interest on the topics included in #5.

I shall return . . .

:)
--Marla
redskin

is ZZ cream good for seb derm with rosacea

Post by redskin »

I have seb derm and rosacea papules
is Z cream and Fumanling cream good for that

Please advise
M