First day into the treatment!!!

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

di

First day into the treatment!!!

Post by di »

Hi everybody,
I got the products yesterday. I started with the X cream first (since it was morning when I got the package). So far, I love this cream. I aplied just a little bit of ZZ in the night, several hours before bedtime. I woke up this morning and my 2 huge whiteheads were gone. Yes!!!! Just a little bit of redness in place of them...There is no additional redness or any irritation after one day of applying the treatment. So it seems my skin can tolerate the creams well, so far...

I am prepared for the flare-up that is supposed to happen at the beggining of the treatment...but maybe I won't have such a flare-up...will see...

Can anyone tell me what does the one-month package contain? How many jars of ZZ and XFML are in this package? Now I only have one jar of ZZ and one of XFML. I want to order the one-month suppy.

I will be leaving for Europe in a month (I live in SUA). I am scared about the fact that now we are not allowed to carry any creams or liquids into the plane. So I wont' wash my face for around 15 hours. Will this be a bad thing for my skin? What do you suggest to do? Apply the ZZ or the XFML before leaving home?
Thanks,
Diana
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Going a day without applying any of the products really won't cause you any problems. Don't worry about. Just apply the products when you arrive at your new place.

Apply XFML, not ZZ, whenever you care about your appearance in public. That's because XFML is invisible, whereas ZZ is not. If you do want to use ZZ and be seen in public, apply it very sparingly to a wet face. Then wait for your face to dry off naturally (5-10 minutes or so). Then use a clean, dry washcloth to brush off any visible powdery residue.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
di

Post by di »

Steve,
Thanks for your reply. I think I'm going to apply the ZZ cream before leaving home for the Europe trip. I don't care about the white face... since the ZZ is able to keep the mites off my face, I think is better to have it on my skin. What do you think about this?

This is my fourth day into the treatment. So far, I think my skin looks better. Anyway, I woke up this morning with 2 deep new cists. Do you think this is because the ZZ is killing the mites? I hope these cists are going to go away fast. I used just a little ZZ in the evening (applied when my face was still wet, after washing with the Acarid soap - which I like very much so far). I also use the FMGL in the morning. My skin did not dry so far, maybe because of the fact that I am applying just a little bit...
Take care,
Diana
di

Post by di »

Update. Ok...today is the seventh day into the treatment. On the fifth day I've got some huge cists under my jaw and on my chin. Is this because I'm killing the mites? I hope so...Also the itching-crawling senzations have reduced a lot.
I was wondering if these new cists that I've got are the initial flare-up I was supposed to get? There are only a few of them, like 9 or so. I am still loosing eyelashes and eyebrows...
Any opinions?
Thanks.
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

I've not heard from many people getting cysts from using the products. But I suppose that's possible. Just keep applying the creams. Sounds like it's working.

What I tend to do whenever I see a pimple now is to use the ZZ cream at night first on my whole face and then I apply an extra portion (a glob of it) right on the pimple. It really helps to get rid of the pimple fast. But cysts are probably going to be more of a pain to get rid of.

If you're getting cystic acne, you may want to consider asking your dermatologist for an antibiotic pill to take over the next few months. Cysts can cause scarring, because people inevitably try to lance them or pick at them. The antibiotics might help to control that. Mind you, my experience with antibiotics was not good - they didn't work for me, and they made my intestines go crazy. Haha. But lots of people use them and have seen good results.

Another thing to think about trying is to buy Carley's Clear & Smooth acne cleanser. It's 2% benzoyl peroxide in liquid form. You apply it after washing your face, then you let it sit for 1 minute, and then you rinse your face off completely. It's a minor amount of work for potentially a large benefit. And it won't interfere with the demodex creams. It's especially useful in the beginning stage where you're still breaking out from the creams. Cheap, too.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
di

Post by di »

Steve,
This is the 11th day into de treatment. Yesterday I've got 3 or 4 more red bumbs, cysts like lezions. The first cysts that I've got after applying the creams disappeard after several days. Anyway, I am not even sure these are cysts.
Another thing is that after applying the Xfmgl my skin gets red in several places. Not very red, something like pink zones on my skin. I do not get these red zones after ZZ cream. Should I stop applying the X cream? What do you think?
Thanks,
Diana
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

di wrote:Steve,
This is the 11th day into de treatment. Yesterday I've got 3 or 4 more red bumbs, cysts like lezions. The first cysts that I've got after applying the creams disappeard after several days. Anyway, I am not even sure these are cysts.
Another thing is that after applying the Xfmgl my skin gets red in several places. Not very red, something like pink zones on my skin. I do not get these red zones after ZZ cream. Should I stop applying the X cream? What do you think?
Thanks,
Diana
Ah. Then it sounds like the cysts weren't very bad after all. So you're okay. No need for antibiotics.

Yeah, XFML caused my neck to turn red and itchy. It's an allergic reaction. I stopped after a few weeks of that. But that was just my neck. My face was fine with XFML. Strange how that is. And my neck and face were okay with ZZ. My recommendation is to stop using any product if it causes an allergic reaction.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA