Itching inside the nostrils

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

di

Itching inside the nostrils

Post by di »

I have been diagnosed with RosaceaI have lots of itching, crawling senzations inside my nostrils and around my nose and mouth, sometimes on my chin. Does this mean that I have Demodex mites?
Replys would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Sounds like a possibility. Could be other things as well. Like nerve damage, blood circulation issues, other types of mites, bacteria, fungus.

I've not heard too many people saying they feel itchy inside of their nostrils.

Have you tried using a nose hair trimmer to get rid of all your nose hair? Do that and see if the itchiness goes away inside your nostrils.

Try the demodex products for about 6 months at full dosage to see if your rosacea goes away. If not, it might be due to other causes.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
di

Post by di »

Thanks for your reply, Steve. I don't know what's happening with the insides of my nostrils, but I definetely have itching and crawling like senzations in my eyebrows, around my nose, around my mouth and cheeks especially during the evenings.
I ordered the ZZ ointment, the medicated Fumangling cream, the shampoo, the Acarid soap and foaming wash. I can't wait for the package to be here. I am going to give these products a try...I'll start with the ZZ and Fumangling and see how it goes.
I placed my order on Sunday. Does anyone knows how long it takes to get the package?
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

di wrote:Thanks for your reply, Steve. I don't know what's happening with the insides of my nostrils, but I definetely have itching and crawling like senzations in my eyebrows, around my nose, around my mouth and cheeks especially during the evenings.
I ordered the ZZ ointment, the medicated Fumangling cream, the shampoo, the Acarid soap and foaming wash. I can't wait for the package to be here. I am going to give these products a try...I'll start with the ZZ and Fumangling and see how it goes.
I placed my order on Sunday. Does anyone knows how long it takes to get the package?
Typically it only takes about 5 days from the time I order to the time I get the package here in Texas. Your results may vary.

The itchiness does sound like mites. But who knows. If you can go to your dermatologist, he/she might take a better look and see if there are any obvious parasites on your nose hairs. Like maybe a type of lice similar to pubic hair lice / crabs. I know that sounds pretty nasty, but it's possible.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
di

Post by di »

It seems like it takes longer for my package to be here. I live in NH, SUA. The package left Hong Kong yesterday, almost a week after I placed the order...so, I hope it will be here next week.

Yes, it seems like I have the mites. I didn't make any tests, but I feel the crawling senzations on my face and scalp. I also have some itching bumps on my scalp. I have no idea where did I take the mites from...Maybe from my friend's very old and always scraching dog (he also has very red eyes). Who knows...anyway, I didn't have any contact with that dog since last year. But maybe it takes some time for the disease to develop. I was pretty stressed during the last semester of school and the first signs appeared during that period of time. Maybe my immune system was low and I was no longer able to fight the mites...

Another thing is that I started to have the itching and crawling senzations several days after a chemical peel (which I regret now). Maybe my skin became more senzitive after the chemical peel and I am now able to feel the crawling better...

Thanks for your replys...I really apreciate this. I'll let you know how my treatment goes...
Diana
MrSauga

Post by MrSauga »

Yes!
I have the same symptoms. Itching in the nostrils and it almost always begins when sunlight is hidden and simulates dusk. I also found a major cause of my outbreak. I was drinking ginger ale, about 1 litre bottle as day for a year or more. My doctor said my blood test showed high acidity causing gout. So I stopped drinking gingerale. 24 hours later the major redness was gone. So I have to assume I am allergic to ginger spice. I feel that spices do cause outbreaks of rosacea, including articles I have read. It is so difficult to avoid spices these days and identify what spices are included in simple everyday prepared foods. My heritage is english/irish. I feel that generations of food containing little or no spices, contributes to allergies to spice. Good luck!
di

Post by di »

Yes, I had lots of itching inside my nose. The itching started to subside after using the ZZ cream. I still have ocazional itching, since I am only 2 weeks into the treatment. Are you using the ZZ cream?
diana
MrSauga

itching nostrils

Post by MrSauga »

No

I have not purchased the product. I have been using 2 Canadaian doctor prescribed products.
One is "Metrogel" and the other is "Rosacure".

I believe any clearing of my problem is as a result of my stopping to injest Ginger spice.

I will send more information and let you know my progress soon. Thx :)
tkr

Post by tkr »

mr.sauga, i am from canada, just so u know, i tried the rosacure for many months and did nothing at all. it did not bother my skin, but did not do anything...good luck to you. tamara
di

Post by di »

MrSauga,
Try the DS products, they work. This is my 19th day into the treatment and I am doing very well. My bumbs (pastules, pustules) are almost gone...I've got several new ones at the beginnig of the treatment (very big and deep) but the creams made them disappear...I am still geting new ones, but they are much, much smaller, fewer, and get away really fast. The only thing is that the ZZ is drying the skin a little bit. But I like it, it is like an exfoliator.
Diana