Does the dryness improve at all?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

nicsunflower

Does the dryness improve at all?

Post by nicsunflower »

I'm on day 13 with the Z-cream. I apply a very light coat in the evenings before bed and then moisturize during the day. My skin is so dry. Like what other's have reported, my skin is flaking off and all wrinkled. I was wondering if the dryness improves through the course of the treatment, or if I'm stuck with my skin being this way for the next couple of months. Anyone, please help.
Nic :cry:
tkr

Post by tkr »

Well, unfortunately the dryness lasted me a very long time, and I too only used the z cream nightly and moisturised during the day. Once I hit over 4 months, My skin bacame less dry...........but try buying a very good moisturiser for very dry skin like ponds or eucerin whatever is safe and works for your skin type, dont pick at it whatever you do, becuase the old bad layers are sloughing off and you will have better renewal skin, and as per the wrinkly skin looking it will go away for sure, and once you stop z cream your skin is back to normal, resilient and soft. hope this helps you.p.s are you using the acarid soap? tamara
cap396

Post by cap396 »

For me, the dryness has been improving with time. When I first started using the z cream (about 2 months ago), I had a lot of flaking and dryness. Now, I still have some dryness but not as much as when I first started.
nicsunflower

Post by nicsunflower »

Thanks for the replies. The flakey skin is really annoying - even during the day when I'm moisturizing. There aren't many moisturizers I can tolerate so I just use emu oil (and I recently started adding HA to it, which seems to be helping add more moisture). I can't wait for the flakiness and creases to improve, but I know what you mean Tamara about it just being dead skin sloughing off and newer more resilient skin underneath. I can see it...I just wish the process would speed up:). I do use the acarid soap twice a day. Sometimes I use it only once a day. I've been thinking about discontinuing using it because it is so drying, but then I don't want to stop using it if it really helps. I've already seen a slight improvement in the redness of my skin after just 2+ weeks with what I've been doing so far so not sure if I should change anything. Do both of you use the acarid soap, and do you find its necessary in addition to the Z-cream to get good results.
Thanks so much,
Nic
tkr

Post by tkr »

NIC, Yes I use the acarid soap once a day, And I find it is important to use, it really helps slough off the old layers, keeps your skin healthy and clean. At the beginning I was not crazy about the soap, and now I absolutely love it and find my skin is supple and clear, refreshed. Perhaps use it once daily (nightly application most important), and it can help with the dryness if using 2 times daily is too drying for you. tamara
nicsunflower

Post by nicsunflower »

Thanks Tamara. I'm so bummed because I thought my face was looking less red, but I ran into a friend yesterday who thought I'd gone skiing recently because my face looked windburned...ugh. I guess there are blotches of red on other spots other than my rosacea that I didn't have before. Strange thing is, i had cystic acne about 5 years ago in those specific areas. I was able to get them under control back then by using differin, which inadvertantly aggravated my rosacea. The acne had healed, but I only just stopped the differin in early 2006 when I realized it was aggravating my rosacea. Its a little strange. Anyway, I shall persevere, although I'm still pretty upset by the comment..not a good week. Take care,
Nic
cap396

Post by cap396 »

Hi NIC. For me, the acrid soap causes more dryness and flaking than the ZZ ointment. I used to use the soap twice a day, but now I only use it once a day (at night). Then, when I wake up in the morning, I can use a wash cloth to remove the flakes and be (mostly) flake-free during the day (although my skin can still be a bit flakey even after using the wash cloth).

Hope that helps. I guess everybody responds differently, and what works for one person might not be the best option for somebody else.

Ryan