Finally 100% clear after 14 months

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Geneva

Finally 100% clear after 14 months

Post by Geneva »

I am finally completely clear after using the ZZ cream for about 14 months (stopped using it twice for a few weeks during the past year and pimples came back). I realise I will probably have to treat religiously for an indefinite time but as long as I stay clear, I dont mind.
I've had mild but persistant acne (which I now believe to be rosacea) for the past 15 years so it is just incredible to be finally CLEAR. I absolutely love the feeling. Now I just have to wait until all my red marks fade out......Im thinking that I might not even need to use foundation anymore in a couple months...that is just great :D
nicsunflower

Post by nicsunflower »

That's awesome, Geneva! Congratulations. Just curious if you had general redness that many get with rosacea (other than the red marks that you referred - which I'm presuming are from the acne/rosacea), and if you found the Z-cream helped to reduce that. I'm starting my 4th week, and my skin continues to remain very red and even more blotchy than normal so I'm trying to stay positive. Its certatintly great to hear from those that continued with the treatment and found great results.
Nic
moejoe

Post by moejoe »

Your results are giving me hope. I am on my third week of the Z cream, and still have so much redness and dryness. Did you use the X cream also? I am still not sure if that makes my face look better or worse. It is moisturizing, but I hate the redness. I haven't had a lot of breakouts since I have been on this, just clusters of small red bumps. I know what you mean by trying to remain positive. I've tried so many things and have been disappointed. Do you use very much Z cream. I know they said one jar should last two weeks. Mine is going to last quite a bit longer than that, it's still over half full. I try to use a very thin layer with water so it doesn't get really dry.
Geneva

Post by Geneva »

Nicsunflower :
No, I didnt have general redness at all (that is why I didnt think I had rosacea). On the other hand, I would get bright red at the slightest effort (or strong emotions)....this doesnt seem to occur anymore. I used to get very deep, painful cysts that would take forever to go away (meaning at least 14 days to a month). So even though I never had a lot of pimples, I would always have at least a couple really ugly ones (the worst part of it was that they were very painful, I could actually "feel" them and would think of them constantly).
My condition worsened during month 2 and 3 of the treatment (I had the biggest, most painful cysts ever during that time...) but for some reason I took it as a sign that the cream was working and stuck with it !!

moejoe:
I did use the X cream for a couple months but didnt like it very much, I felt like it didnt have any effect (but that's just me). I've always used very little zz cream...I would say that a jar lasted around 1.5 to 2 months (but using it only once a day in the affected areas, not all over my face). I'm thinking that maybe treatment took so long in my case because I still used moisturizer and makeup every day....