Application of ZZ cream

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Mootle

Application of ZZ cream

Post by Mootle »

Hi. I've been using ZZ cream once a day now for about 6 weeks. I have seborrheic dermatitis (according to my doctor) and I also think I have rosacea. I'm getting good results on itching symptoms, and the areas of skin which were flaky are now less flaky if I keep up with the ZZ cream. The redness of the skin on my nose and either side of my nose is not really improved yet but I'll keep going to see if it improves with time.

My question is: should I be treating the whole of my face? Currently I'm only treating the problem areas as these seem to be able to cope with the ZZ cream better. When I use the ZZ cream on the "normal" facial skin it dries out so much I can't wear make-up and I feel too self-conscious without it. Should I use the cream all over and put up with the flaking for a while?
kara

Post by kara »

I think you should use cream all over your face since mites occupy more than infected area. My dryness was gone after 2 months. You can use scotch tape in morning to take off flakes.
Kara
Walter

Post by Walter »

It would be indeed better to treat whole the face since like Kara already wrote, mites occupy more than (visual) infected area.
If it makes your skin to dry, use very very little and skip a day when necessary, after some time, you skin will be able to handle it better.

Walter
Mootle

Application of ZZ cream

Post by Mootle »

Thanks kara and Walter. I should have figured that the whole face should be treated I suppose. I'll go easy on the cream and try the scotch tape trick too.

M.