My situation

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

flower

Post by flower »

marla, i thought you once posted that frontline was the product to use on cats to prevent getting the demodex mite.

true??
flower
JS

Post by JS »

My cat just doesn't like water, and god help anyone who tries to give him a bath.
Marla

Somehow I knew this.

Post by Marla »

JS wrote:My cat just doesn't like water, and god help anyone who tries to give him a bath.
Hi JS.

I figured there'd be trouble trying to bathe a cat. Not that I wanted you to get into trouble, you see, it's just that it was worth a try. :roll:
Marla

Yes. True.

Post by Marla »

flower wrote:marla, i thought you once posted that frontline was the product to use on cats to prevent getting the demodex mite.

true??
I would use Frontline on my cat if I had a cat. I use it on my dogs. I can tell when the effect is running out. Their eyes get messy. Their ears accumulate excess wax and debris.

JS is expressing deep concern about financing this battle. Frontline would be wise, yet it is another expense. Out of consideration for JS' financial worries, I suggested taking available steps to decrease the opportunities for transfer of the mites.

Otherwise, yes, Frontline is my personal treatment of choice as a tool in the battle against re-infestation.
norman jones

Post by norman jones »

i am curious as to the smell of the products you offer. i read in here somewhere that it has a strong clove odor and others easily notice it.

i work with the public in so a product that is highly ordor detectible is not something i want . i don't want to smell like a spice rack. being a male it is even more embarassing.

what is the smell of the product and will others notice it?
JS

Post by JS »

Well I don't personally find the Fumanling Cream to be too strong in odor, but that's the one they say smells like cloves.

It's really your only option though, the FML will go on clear and maybe have some odor, but the ZZ Cream is going to leave your face looking white like a ghost and that'll really be noticable and maybe embarassing.

If you're a girl with a whitish face and it's obvious you have something on, it's not a big deal. If you're a male, you'll most likely get remarks and questions working in public with ZZ on your face.

I've tried some aloe gel after the ZZ cream on my face and it just doesn't work no matter how much effort I put into the application, ZZ leaves you looking white in contrast to your arms and neckline.
Upfall

Post by Upfall »

Like I said in a previos post, use a moistorize first then add tyhe ZZ crean for when your going out if your worried about what poeple will think. Use a lot of moistorisor and the ZZ will just dissolve into your face, so much so that it means you can add MORE then you usuually would until your face bcomes more dry again. This also means your face will be less dryed out with the moistorizer applied.
JS

Post by JS »

That's good to know Upfall, but putting a layer of moisturizer on before applying ZZ undoubtedly decreases it's effectiveness and this treatment is far too expensive for some people to be diluting it ontop of moisturizer. A version of the ZZ creme that doesn't go onto skin so white and chalky would be more ideal.
flower

Post by flower »

just follow the protocol
just follow the protocol
just follow the protocol
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
flower
Marla

Rubiglo pigment powder

Post by Marla »

Guys and Gals:

Experiment with something called Rubiglo. It's a powdered pigment that came out in the '60's, vanished for awhile, and it's back on the market again.

It's inexpensive and a small amount goes a long way.
Marla

Post by Marla »

JS wrote:Well I don't personally find the Fumanling Cream to be too strong in odor, but that's the one they say smells like cloves.
Fulio in the rose-colored tube smells like cloves. It is doubtful that it can be detected by others during ordinary interaction throughout the day.
norman jones

zz vs fml

Post by norman jones »

[It's really your only option though, the FML will go on clear and maybe have some odor, but the ZZ Cream is going to leave your face looking white like a ghost and that'll really be noticable and maybe embarassing.
quote]

ok...the zz cream is supposed to go on at night before bed and fml is to be used during the day i believe. looking as white as a ghost would be a problem if you put it on during the day but i believe its the fml that goes on during the day and its clear and not noticable with a bit of the clove smell. am i right or mixed up?[/quote]
JS

Post by JS »

You're right, typically it's ZZ at night and FML during the day. However, the ZZ is the better treatment and I use it day and night whenever I can manage to do that. Actually, I think it's probably suggested that when using both creams to use the ZZ at night because of it being the more efficient treatment and the night-time is prime mite-killing time.

I really hope DS looks into creating another cream with ZZ's function and ingredients that can be applied less noticeably. I feel that the ZZ works better than the FML drastically in that it makes current breakouts 'leak' a bit after each application, resulting in a bit of shrinking/flattening of current angry pimples. The FML, at least for me, always causes my current breakouts to 'bloat' and look redder while it's on my face.
Brady Barrows

JS, How are you doing now?

Post by Brady Barrows »

JS wrote:You're right, typically it's ZZ at night and FML during the day. However, the ZZ is the better treatment and I use it day and night whenever I can manage to do that. Actually, I think it's probably suggested that when using both creams to use the ZZ at night because of it being the more efficient treatment and the night-time is prime mite-killing time.

I really hope DS looks into creating another cream with ZZ's function and ingredients that can be applied less noticeably. I feel that the ZZ works better than the FML drastically in that it makes current breakouts 'leak' a bit after each application, resulting in a bit of shrinking/flattening of current angry pimples. The FML, at least for me, always causes my current breakouts to 'bloat' and look redder while it's on my face.
JS,

So how are you doing now?
Brady Barrows
JS

Post by JS »

Still not good.

I keep thinking my condition has reached it's crescendo, but time and time again it becomes badly broken out again. I've treated with these creams in the most efficient and meticulous way possible. I've used up almost 5 months worth of treatment and I'm waiting for a response from Walter to make another order. I still have faith, but unless I clear and can slow down to a maintenance treatment rate soon, I can't afford this anymore. The treatment is expensive and I also have to pay for the antibiotics I use in an 'attempt' to keep my face presentable while mites are killed. I'm not looking forward to another spring and summer of skin problems holding me back, my scars are ugly enough on their own, so I hope the DS treatments can rid my of constant acne and cysts very soon.

I'd be interested in what stromectol could do for me in addition to the cream treatments.

I believe thoroughly that my problems stem from mite populations and an allergy to, but for whatever reason I am a really stubborn case. How am I to get stromectol from a doctor when the doctor doesn't want to consider skin reactions to mites?