My situation

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Marla

Most sought after

Post by Marla »

JS wrote: . . . not looking forward to another spring and summer of skin problems holding me back, my scars are ugly . . .
First, don't let the acne wipe the joy of life off of your face. That joy will bring some wonderful people your way. Get ready for summer socializing in whatever way you can, and go out there with confidence. Pretend very hard that you have no scars. Notice the people who see you for your appealing qualities, and ignore the others.

Second, how about petting your cat right after you treat yourself? Can't hurt to get a little product on the fur -- or do I not know about cats and what happens when they smell something like ZZ. Well, then, how about a little residual XFML? I know cats lick themselves endlessly, but I'd do it if I had a cat. (I once had a cat that adopted me until I could no longer fight the allergies with or without medicine.)

Practice standing up straight, knees springy, no swayback, head in line with your spine. Put your shoulders back and let your arms hang naturally in line with your hip joints. Tuck your tummy in. When it's time to socialize, you'll be ready for the challenge.

:) --Marla
Walter

Post by Walter »

I'd be interested in what stromectol could do for me in addition to the cream treatments.

I believe thoroughly that my problems stem from mite populations and an allergy to, but for whatever reason I am a really stubborn case. How am I to get stromectol from a doctor when the doctor doesn't want to consider skin reactions to mites?
Stromectol can do almost nothing against demodex mites so better don't do that,
I would like to talk to you, so you can explain me everything, how you did the treatment, what happened, what changed etc. so I can help you, this would take to much time writing so If you want, mail me your phone number and I will call you.

Walter
JS

Post by JS »

Walter.

Unfortunately I would not be allowed to feel comfortable discuss this problem on the telephone, not because of you but because of my family. Some people just get bent out of shape about the subject, and my family does so much so that I have to just keep this problem and the treatments to myself. Talk about parasites causing acne heard by me in my house might cause my family to think I'm having a delusional episode and think I need to see a shrink.

In the last few days my recent breakouts have been healing nice while no new breakouts have come yet. I think this might be the point for me when the treatments gain the upper hand over the mites.

Walter did you get my private message here on the board? I have less treatment left then I realized, only some days. I need to get a new order on the way as soon as possible, so I'll be sending an email to you to hoping for a response so I can order right away.
JS

Post by JS »

Damn it! I just submitted my order with check as the payment by an accident.

Walter, can you please cancel order # 3430 so I can resubmit my order with my credit card?

Sorry! Thanks!
Brady Barrows

Post by Brady Barrows »

JS wrote:Still not good.

I keep thinking my condition has reached it's crescendo, but time and time again it becomes badly broken out again. I've treated with these creams in the most efficient and meticulous way possible. I've used up almost 5 months worth of treatment and I'm waiting for a response from Walter to make another order. I still have faith, but unless I clear and can slow down to a maintenance treatment rate soon, I can't afford this anymore. The treatment is expensive and I also have to pay for the antibiotics I use in an 'attempt' to keep my face presentable while mites are killed. I'm not looking forward to another spring and summer of skin problems holding me back, my scars are ugly enough on their own, so I hope the DS treatments can rid my of constant acne and cysts very soon.

I'd be interested in what stromectol could do for me in addition to the cream treatments.

I believe thoroughly that my problems stem from mite populations and an allergy to, but for whatever reason I am a really stubborn case. How am I to get stromectol from a doctor when the doctor doesn't want to consider skin reactions to mites?
JS,

I see Walter has commented on stromectol and I think you already have my editorial on Ivermectin (stromectol ) http://www.rosaceans.com/html/ivermectin.html
I personally wouldn't try it since I don't like taking prescription drugs unless it is absolutely necessary. The risks associated prescription drugs sometimes outweigh the benefits and meditating on the benefit/risk ratio is important.

The thing about rosacea is that there really hasn't ever been enough research on this disease, due to the fact that people in general, like your family, as well as many professionals in the medical and scientific community do not take this disease seriously. This may be because since this is not a life threatening disease and feel that the emotional stress added to having rosacea is not important. However, more and more rosaceans are speaking up and explaining to family, friends, health care professionals and others that this disease does deserve to be taken seriously and that rosaceans suffer emotional and mental anguish.

One of the problems, due to a lack of research, is that rosacea is misdiagnosed and this problem is not uncommon. The other factor is that rosacea can be present with other skin conditions. Please see my page
on this >

http://www.rosaceans.com/html/misdiagnosed.html

The NRS did one good thing by classifying rosacea into four classifications and several variants. The problem with this is most rosaceans have no clue what classification or variant of rosacea they have since many dermatologists ignore the NRS or have never read the classification or variants of rosacea. At any rate, if you ask a rosacean what classification or variant they have they usually haven't a clue.

According to Michael Detmar, M.D., in 2003, only one paper was published for every 144,000 rosacea patients in the United States, compared to a 1-to-11 ratio for melanoma and 1 to 4,900 for psoriasis. This gives you an idea of the lack of research. And research on demodex mites has been only a tiny percentage of the total research on rosacea, so you can see why most doctors dismiss demodex mites as a factor in rosacea or acne. I have tried to do something about this by forming the first non profit for rosacea established by rosaceans for rosaceans. We are still in the infancy stage and need not only volunteers but donations. For more info
go to >

http://www.irosacea.org

My suggestion is to get an accurate diagnosis of your rosacea. You may be dealing with demodex and somthing else as well. I urge you to continue with the Z cream and other demodex solutions products since you may find in the long term they will help. But if you continue to have problems, my only other suggestion is stop eating any sugar in your diet at all because no matter what skin condition you have, eating sugar is like pouring gasoline on a fire, and will only aggravate your skin condition.

I have a thirty day diet that has helped hundreds of rosaceans get a handle on their rosacea. I still need to be on this diet along with the Z cream to control my rosacea. Thirty days on my diet will cause no harm since it is only thirty days to see if it works for you. After the thirty days you can return to your favorite eating program or eat whatever you want.
It is only an experiment to see if diet can control your rosacea. For more
info >

http://www.rosacea-diet.com/html/diet.html
Brady Barrows
baybeebubble

How are you getting on now JS???

Post by baybeebubble »

Hi JS

How is your skin now? Your the same age as me and I too have been suffering from mild - moderate acne since the age of 16. I have tried every product available and nothing has ever worked long term for me either. Today I ordered the z cream and the soap. I feel like this is my last option because I've tried so many other things!!! I lot of things that you mentioned earlier I really can relate to. I cut myself off from everybody when my skin is bad even my family and friends. I just lock my bedroom door and tell people to leave me alone. It's breaks my heart having to do this! There is nothing i'd like more than to go out all the time swimming, having a social life and enjoying life. I just hate my skin so much sometimes it prevents me from being my true self! I feel my life will always be on hold until I find an answer. Hope you get back to me, it would be nice to chat to someone that sounds so similar to me!

Take care xxx :wink:
flower

web site references

Post by flower »

mr barrows,
i have chosen to write a public email to see what other opinions are on this. when i wrote to you directly you did not respond.
i do not think this forum is the place to advertise your website and refer to your book (which is for sale) so many, many, many ,times .
it looks like, feels like, and smacks of blatant advertising for you, and your website and book.
we on this forum have adhered to a dissemination of ideas in a general way. i have not brought my own professional weight to the discussion nor has anyone else. we are all here to learn. not push our own agendas.
it is very much appreciated that you had success with the ds products and that you can give others out there hope and support.........
but it seems to me that there is a conflict of interest here and every time i see one of your posts i know there will be references to your site and book.
now there are more than one per post.
can we get some opinions out there?
if i am wrong i will shut up.
what are the rules of the forum?

flower.
flower
Brady Barrows

Re: web site references

Post by Brady Barrows »

flower wrote:mr barrows,
i have chosen to write a public email to see what other opinions are on this. when i wrote to you directly you did not respond.
i do not think this forum is the place to advertise your website and refer to your book (which is for sale) so many, many, many ,times .
it looks like, feels like, and smacks of blatant advertising for you, and your website and book.
we on this forum have adhered to a dissemination of ideas in a general way. i have not brought my own professional weight to the discussion nor has anyone else. we are all here to learn. not push our own agendas.
it is very much appreciated that you had success with the ds products and that you can give others out there hope and support.........
but it seems to me that there is a conflict of interest here and every time i see one of your posts i know there will be references to your site and book.
now there are more than one per post.
can we get some opinions out there?
if i am wrong i will shut up.
what are the rules of the forum?

flower.
Flower,
I didn't receive your private email. Try [email protected]
If Walter doesn't want me to post I will be happy to leave. I am an affiliate of Demodex Solutions, LTD and proud of it. The Z cream and Acarid Soap work great for me. I have shouted this to the world on my web site which happens to be visited every day by hundreds of rosaceans. My site has benefited thousands of rosaceans and I get way more positive remarks about my website than negative ones. I have prepared a page just for this purpose >

http://www.rosaceans.com/html/profit.html

If you could please, give me the benefit of the doubt, and read the above page I would appreciate it very much. And as I said, I will be happy to leave this forum if Walter wants me to. I think Walter makes the rules and he is doing a fine job running this forum.
Brady Barrows
flower

Post by flower »

i have seen and read your site often in the past , when i was getting ready to start the protocol it helped me to continue with faith.
as i said, i know you have seen the benefit of ds in your own life and i can also see you are a proponent of it. i laud you for all of your efforts.

yet , the question is not whether you should leave the forum or stay...i think the question is: should someone use the forum for continually referring to their website and book in addition to relevant posts that they make with respect to other peoples queries...
no one else does that , and i still believe it represents a conflict of interest.
i am always interested in your personal experiences with ds as i am with everyone elses. i just feel this forum is not the place for references other than that.
if a person wants to know more about your book and site , they can go to your profile in the members list.
flower
Marla

Hmmm

Post by Marla »

Well, hmmm. Kind of tricky to comment on this subject.

1. We dermatologically challenged persons need all the help we can get.
2. Does it matter how the help is packaged?
3. If someone applies a lifetime of research regarding a particular problem, and Demodex Solutions' products are a part of the solution; then, posting references to the research contributes to the forum's general knowledge.

In the realm of professionalism, it seems that Brady is an asset to the Demodex Solutions Forum.

:?:
--Marla
Brady Barrows

Post by Brady Barrows »

flower wrote:i have seen and read your site often in the past , when i was getting ready to start the protocol it helped me to continue with faith.
as i said, i know you have seen the benefit of ds in your own life and i can also see you are a proponent of it. i laud you for all of your efforts.

yet , the question is not whether you should leave the forum or stay...i think the question is: should someone use the forum for continually referring to their website and book in addition to relevant posts that they make with respect to other peoples queries...
no one else does that , and i still believe it represents a conflict of interest.
i am always interested in your personal experiences with ds as i am with everyone elses. i just feel this forum is not the place for references other than that.
if a person wants to know more about your book and site , they can go to your profile in the members list.
Flower,
You are not alone in your feelings that when I post I somehow have a conflict of interest. But as Maria's post points out, it is a difficult line to draw. When Dr. Nase makes a post at r-s, is he also posting with a conflict of interest since he too is selling a book? If Linda Sy, M.D., posts to r-s who sells rosacea products, is she also posting with a conflict of interest?

It all depends on:

(1) Who runs the forum
(2) Your personal point of view

Let's say Walter Freyne joins my rosaceans yahoo group which has more than 700 members than this forum and mentions the DS products and points out their benefits to the group by answering questions and making remarks to other posts. Would he be creating a conflict of interest? It all depends on the two factors mentioned above. If the first one kicks in then I decide since I make the rules of the group. If the second one kicks in then that depends on each person whether they want to remain in my rosaceans group or not.

Most of this depends on whether the poster is polite and follows etiquette with some reasonable manners. I have clearly written what the rules are in my yahoo rosaceans group. If Walter decides to limit the discussion to just DS products I am sure he will explain the rules. I asked him if it was ok to discuss my book in this forum before making any post on the subject and he told me personally it was acceptable. I hope this clears this matter up and I respect your point of view and hope you are not offended.
Brady Barrows
vince

Post by vince »

Hey JS, it seems like you've tried quite a lot and don't worry its not your fault. However, I really would not recommend antibiotics as this will kill the good intestinal flora in your G.I tract and this will really do more harm in the long term in term. That is why doctors are becoming more hesitant in prescribing it and we are becoming more resistent to the various strains. Now the important thing is, if you don't fix yourself internally, this condition will plague you for a long time especially if your blood is inpure. Your body may be too acidic and the overload of toxins are manifesting as acne, and even the topical solution may not be enough to stop it no matter how hard you try and how persistent you may be. You can kill the mites, but reinfection will always remain unless you get to the source! Keep it up with the demodex products, but start looking at something else other than topicals to clear u're condition. There is an imbalance in the body, and you must correct it. I suggest you start reading as much as you can on http://www.curezone.com on acne, and become as knowledgeable as you can. I'm sorry but a lot of people think they know a lot about acne, but they don't, and they come to conclusions based on OPINION only. I find this quite sad because the learning should never stop. When you educate yourself, there is no better teacher then self experience. Learn everything there is and then attack it at every angle. That is...if you don't want to live with this condition. I would also look into Olive leaf extract or Oil of Oregano which are great anti-fungals along with garlic. Good luck! and message me if you have any concerns. I will be willing to help you out.
flower

walter . what are the rules of the forum?

Post by flower »

mr barrows,
as marla says...it is tricky to comment on this "conflict of interest issue". why? because we are not aware perhaps of the rules of the forum concerning this.
i agree with you on the point you made in your post of april 13. it all depends on the person who runs the forum.
so--whether it is ok to refer to ones commercial interest within the body of a post is at issue .
and the only one who can adress this is walter.
so, how about it walter, can you comment on this?
as i said...if i am incorrect, i will be happy to drop it. :)

flower

ps as far as linda sy's posts on r-s forums being a potential conflict as well....again it depends on the rules of that forum.since i am not a member of that forum i cant comment knowlegeably.
flower
Brady Barrows

Re: walter . what are the rules of the forum?

Post by Brady Barrows »

flower wrote:mr barrows,
as marla says...it is tricky to comment on this "conflict of interest issue". why? because we are not aware perhaps of the rules of the forum concerning this.
i agree with you on the point you made in your post of april 13. it all depends on the person who runs the forum.
so--whether it is ok to refer to ones commercial interest within the body of a post is at issue .
and the only one who can adress this is walter.
so, how about it walter, can you comment on this?
as i said...if i am incorrect, i will be happy to drop it. :)

flower

ps as far as linda sy's posts on r-s forums being a potential conflict as well....again it depends on the rules of that forum.since i am not a member of that forum i cant comment knowlegeably.
flower,

I just want to clear one thing up. I am sensitive to your feelings on this and others who feel the same way as you do and that is why I asked Walter first if I could post about my Rosacea Diet. As i said before, he said it was ok. If he changes the rule I will follow them since this is his forum. I have two other forums to run and can keep busy with them. I would like the freedom to post here since I want all the feedback on DS products I can get since I am a DS affiliate. Answering questions about DS products personally is important to me. I can do this by simply monitoring the forum or if Walter lets me I can have the freedom to post what I know about rosacea.

Since you may have heard about Dr. Nase, would you say it is a conflict of interest for Dr. Nase to post at r-s since he too is selling a book on his website (without the first rule in place that the group owner David Pascoe allows him to post). Just curious. The last I heard he has sold over 12,000 copies of his book, no doubt in large measure to Pascoe's allowing him to post and run the group.
Brady Barrows
dsuser

Barrows use of this forum, I don't like it at all!

Post by dsuser »

It's great DS has worked for you but using this site to increase web traffic and sales of your own website is pure bs. I also don't buy your sales pitch of being an "affiliate of Demodex Solutions". What you really are is someone trying their best to turn a buck at the expense of others. DS has a good and devoted following. They have invested much to attain this following. In comes Barrows to ride on the coat tails of DS success.

I have been visting this site and using these products for a long time now. I have seen Walter regularly reach out to others with a huge heart to help. This site has grown wonderfully and many have had life changing results. Don't slip in under the cloak of a being a fellow sufferer and supporter of the products while at the same time running a subliminal marketing campaign for your own bottom line.

I hope Walter and the powers that be review this issue and ask Barrows to totally refrain from marketing his wears on this forum. I feel it has a major negative effect on DS.

Thank You