My situation

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

JS

Post by JS »

If something is the answer it will at least start proving itself after more than 6 months. I have 8 cysts and a bunch of smaller breakouts on my face right now. If it were going to cure me, my face wouldn't look almost as bad now as it ever did. 6 months is a long time to give anything to start doing it's job.

Walter wrote: It is impossible, when you did the treatment as it should, the mites still have the upper hand, they need to be gone by now, at least the majority
My cystic breakouts have the upper hand... therefor the medicine surely doesn't. I believed for a long time and can't do it forever with no results. All I know is that if this were working there'd be a good steady decline in the freakish look of my face, things gradually get better and they don't just suddenly go from huge bad breakouts to clear skin. Therefor not only am I not nearly cured after 6 months as I'm supposed to be, I'm not even close because the breakouts aren't calmer or smaller or anything better at all. I can't just keep going indefinately, there comes a time for anything when one just has to say this had a very long time and hasn't cured and hasn't even helped. :(
Walter

Post by Walter »

I understand you disappointment but please try it as I wrote you, just use the ZZ every other day in the evening, it sounds maybe not logical but what can you loose?
I don't say this to keep you busy but because I know there is a possibility that it will work, up to you of course but after 6 months using this is only a little effort and like I wrote, you can only win, not loose.
I have not whatever benefit with telling you this and keep you going for nothing would be a stupid thing to do, I had myself cystic acne since I was teenager and also had a long struggle but now I am free of acne.

Walter
Marla

Brevis

Post by Marla »

JS, I understand the stress this is causing you. From the sounds of things, you have the Demodex brevis mites. Try to find someone to do the microscopic test for the mites. I have no recommendations for where to get this done. Perhaps a college biology department would cooperate. Why not inquire?

Cysts are complex and take a long time to go away. If you give up now, you will have no defense against the contents of those stubborn cysts. The cysts protect the infection.

Cysts are one of nature's defense marvels. Admire the ability of nature to protect it's own, and keep firing at it with the ZZ. It's all you have, unless you elect to have a clinician open them up and remove the contents. This can be done, however, it does not eliminate the possibility of new cysts, since the mites are still at work elsewhere on your skin. Either way, you need to continue with the ointments.

Along with your regular over-all treatment, massage tiny amounts of extra product into each cyst while you watch television. No need to be aggressive, just make sure the product penetrates the skin.

Give it time. Please.

--Marla
Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then. ? Katharine Hepburn
JS

Post by JS »

Ok I'm trying, but my face is just getting worse by the day. If I don't see at least some improvement in my breakouts by the end of this 7th month I am going to see the doctor and ending my DS treatments. If there comes a whole 7 months of DS treatments with no improvement, then that to me without a doubt means it doesn't work because 7 months is a long enough time. With oral and topical antibiotics at least it takes some control over my breakouts and keeps them somewhat mild, my face is unsightly right now and in almost 200 days DS treatments haven't done anything about it. :cry:
JS

Post by JS »

It's getting too bad to deal with. I'm going to see a doctor and I just took a dose and put myself back on tetracycline. I'm going to ask the doctor for an Rx for Minocycline instead since that seemed to helped more in the past. I'm also going to use a topical antibiotic or whatever she prescribes to me topically. Obviously I can't do both topical treatments so I am ending my DS treatments now. It's just not taking effect and I've got things I promised myself I would do this year, things that I will never get myself to do with bad acne. I'm not going to start an 8th month, it's just too long. I could've healed broken bones in this time. I've went beyond the time period Walter and the website suggest for killing the deepest mites, 5 months is supposed to have good results for the stubborn cases. I've not expected no cure at this point, but there's no improvement whatsoever and I can't go through an 8th, 9th month, year mark... buy more product again hoping and hoping that I'll be clear-faced on my 14th month.

I'm just fed up, what the doctor gives me may not cure forever but I can get myself some results within a few weeks. I may even get myself sent in for accutane. I need this year... I need to be myself this summer, not some sorry person hiding away with white stuff on his face every day and night hoping for the day when he can finally begin his life. It was a long time period, it was over $1,000, it was very careful and meticulous treating with the products, it hasn't shown me any sign of helping my acne. When this works for people they've seen results/improvements by now. If I were to keep going on this and finally get clear on the 15th month or whatever... I wouldn't even be able to attribute it to DS, for many people have had acne follow them into their 20's or 30's then have it just go away without a treatment never to return. As Walter sais, all this time of my treating, the mites should no way have an upper hand, they should be gone by now or at least the majority. I agree with that, but unfortunately I'm agreeing with that with a face that's badly broken out and getting worse so I need to find something to get this taken care of.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Yes, you treated long enough, that is why I asked you to slow down and only treat every other or third day, even if you stop now, you should have a longer period without breakouts, of course after your spots you have for the moment are healed, if this is indeed the case, use only 2 times a week in the evening and it should stay away.
Before you go on antibiotics again, I would just wait a bit, don't treat and see what happens, if you don't clear up, then it is a different story.

Walter
JS

Post by JS »

I can't afford to wait any longer hoping my face can improve without them, antibiotics are the only thing that can help me. The kind of cysts that are coming on my face are the type that will leave big marks for a very long time. Having congestions the size of marbles inside your facial skin is not something that going slower or faster with DS treatments is going to give relief from. A few more days of no antibiotics and I would have to take a leave of absence from work... another week and I'd be suicidal.

I know I won't be given a refund back as I've already seen that DS rejects this when people ask, but I think it would be nice and in everyone's best interest if DS would give me at least a partial refund so that someone else may buy my unopened ZZ and FML creames at a reduced cost. Otherwise if anyone of this forum in the USA would maybe like to be able to buy these at reduced price, I could ship them to you first in good faith and you could mail me back a check. Anyone using these treatments month after month could use a break in the cost so nobody should have an objection to this.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Please mail us the name you ordered with

Walter
tkr

Post by tkr »

JS, HAVE YOU ACTUALLY BEEN TESTED FOR THE MITES?? I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO DO THIS, AND IT WILL PREVENT ALOT OF WASTED MONEY AND TIME. WE CAN ALL GIVE YOU TIPS, BUT YOU AND ONLY YOU I THINK SHOULD SERIOUSLY GO TO THE DRS AND TELL THE DERM TO GET IT DONE UNDER THE MICROSCOPE AND SEE IF YOU ARE INFESTED WITH THESE MITES. I WOULD NOT WAIT ANY LONGER IF I WERE YOU....GET DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF IT AND YOU WILL SEE WHATS THE SOURCE OF YOUR PROBLEM. GOOD LUCK TAMARA
tkr

Post by tkr »

WALTER: I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT YOU ARE A GEM. YOU ARE SO HELPFUL AND YOUR JOB IS NOT EASY. I AM ON MY 8TH DAY, AND SO FAR VERY HAPPY WITH PRODUCTS. LOVE YA KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!! YOU ARE THE BEST AND YOU DESERVE TO HEAR IT. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR TEAM. TAMARA