just bought the ZZ cream...

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

KG499

just bought the ZZ cream...

Post by KG499 »

I have mild rosacea that extends from around my eyes to my hairline and a litte to my cheek area. i was recently diagnosed and given the topical treatment finacia but have seen little improvement after a month and it also seems to irritate my skin at times. so i stumbled upon this zz cream and decided to give it a try. im 20 and my skin is pretty clear everywhere excluding this rosacea area ( slight red with a few pimples). do i have put this cream on my whole face or can i just put it on the infected area? also, could shaggy hair be a factor in worsening the rosacea? (getting more mites around the skin). thanks
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Yes, put it on your entire face to be certain you kill all the mites. It's tempting just to put it on the areas that are showing up red now, but the thing is that the mites will just move from those areas to other areas on your face. So to be safe, you should treat your entire face including your nose, eyebrows, forehead, temples, mustache and beard areas, and all the way down to the jaw line. You don't have to include the neck or under the chin from my experience. Don't get the creams on your mucous membranes (inside of the nose, lips, eye-lids).

Yes, cut your hair or pull it back. Hair can carry oil, mites, and bacteria. All three are bad.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA